Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bloggity Blog Blog

Clearly, blogging has become difficult for me. Sometimes I feel like my thoughts go into an empty void or that I do not have a niche. I am an OK baker but nothing to go writing home about. I am not very crafty. I can take pretty good photos but nothing spectacular. So what do I have to blog about??? In a world where everyone has their blog niche. 

Sometimes, I wonder about all the people like me; trying to find their niche in this great big world. Something, anything that makes them who they are. I enjoy my job but at the same time do not want it to define who I am. We are more than our hobbies and careers, right? Now, do not misunderstand, I think blogging about crafty things and all that is completely wonderful. I enjoy reading many of those blogs and have friends who blog about those things. I am just musing over ideas of identity. 

Who am I defined as: Wife, daughter, teacher, semi blogger, world traveler wanna be..... hmm....do all of those things truly define my heart. My answer is yes and no. To an extent you can see a little piece of my heart  in each of those things. Although, I want to be defined by something more. 

Christian, that's a heavy label to carry. It carries a lot of weight from a world that sees a Christian in so many different shades. Maybe instead being defined as a Christian, I would rather be defined by love or by Jesus. I am still working through the exact ways people look at each other and somehow come up with a label. There is so much to one person we are complicated beings, full of emotion, pasts, anger, hurt, love and so much more. How can I ever define a person by a hobby or career? We need to look deeper than that. 

Till then whoever wants to read my undefined blog, come along for the journey. You never know what we may discover. 

1 comment:

  1. Good words!

    Maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourself. You are uniquely you, and that is good! Write what's on your heart, when it is on your heart!

    ReplyDelete